Sunday, March 1, 2020

Saturday March 7 Coos Bay to Redding, CA

Today we're driving halfway to S.F. which puts us at about Redding. But first, we had to explore Coos Bay this morning.C.B. is pretty big, commercial city, not much to see here. However, we drove out to Shore Acres State Park at the end of Cape Arago and, WOW, we found the greatest place to watch crashing waves. It was awesome! (See video)

We left C.B. area around noon and headed inland on Rt 42 to Roseburg, where we picked up I-5 for the trip south. Rain and sun mixture all day long, temps in the mid 30s to low 40s. Our only stop was the Harry and David Store in Medford. We reached Redding by 7:00, got a room at the Best Western and had a great sandwich for dinner at Dill's Deli. I shouldn't have been, but I was surprised how mountainous the trip down the middle of the state is, passing by Mt Shasta. Our highest elevation was about 3800' and there had been a fresh snow overnight.

Tomorrow we'll explore Redding in the morning, before heading back to I-5 for the 5 hour trip to S.F. Our plane doesn't leave until after 8:00PM. We'll be home by midnight. We have to remember that we turn the clocks ahead tonight! We hope the coronavirus problem doesn't upset our flight schedule.












No comments:

Post a Comment